Thank you for your interest in Microblading!
Microblading is a manual form of a cosmetic tattoo. I use a handheld tool with a grouping of needles to insert pigment into the skin, resulting in 3D hair strokes that look like real hair. Microblading is a natural "no makeup" brow that lasts 12-18 months.
At this time, I am unable to perform Microblading on anyone with a prior cosmetic brow tattoo that isn't at least 90% faded. This is an Advanced Microblading Procedure, that I have yet to be trained on. I will be going to Advanced Microblading Training in the Fall.
Attached is a PDF on what you need to know before scheduling your appointment. Please read over this carefully and contact me with any questions. If after reading the PDF, you feel like you would like to come in for a personal consultation... please book a "Microblading Consultation" at www.lauramcelroybeauty.com
Please contact me for an appointment. Online scheduling is not an option for Microblading at this time. The entire procedure (brow mapping/design, numbing, and Microblading) takes anywhere from 2.5 to 3 hours, so please plan accordingly.
When scheduling your appointment, I will ask to make sure you do not have any contraindications from the above mentioned PDF and that you understand ALL Pre and Post Care. If you come to your scheduled appointment, and I cannot perform your service due to not following proper Pre Care or having a Contraindication, you will be charged $100 as a cancellation/rebooking fee.
A Non-Refundable Deposit of $100 is required to book a Microblading appointment. This will be taken off the procedure price. Once you schedule your appointment, I will invoice you for the Non-Refundable Deposit. The invoice must be paid within 24 hours to keep your preferred appointment date and time. Please be certain you want to do this procedure, as once the deposit is paid, it is non-refundable. If you need to reschedule your appointment, please do so within 48 hours. Your deposit will transfer to your rescheduled appointment.
A complimentary "Perfection Touch Up" is included in the price 6 to 8 weeks after the initial procedure.
What to Know Prior to Microblading
The Morning of Your Microblading Appointment
- Do NOT drink coffee, energy drinks, or any other caffeinated and/or sugary beverage that could cause you to be jittery. (3 hours prior to your appointment.)
- Do NOT take Niacin, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, or any other pain medication that thins the blood.
- Do NOT exercise.
24-48 Hours Prior To
- Do NOT drink alcohol or be under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
No Less Than One Week Prior To
- If so desired, wax or thread your brows. I will clean up the brow with a brow shaver if needed.
- Do NOT tweeze your eyebrows for at least one week.
- Tint your eyebrows. The pigment color I select is based on your brow color. If you normally have darker brows due to tinting and want this color for Microblading, please do this!
- Refrain from taking Vitamin E and/or Omega 3 (Fish Oil).
No Less Than Two Weeks Prior To
- Refrain from Using Retinols and AHA Skincare Products.
- Receive Fillers, Collagen, or Fat Injections.
- Refrain from tanning or intense sun exposure.
No Less Than Six Weeks Prior To
- Refrain from using Retin-A. Depending on the length of use, the time frame may be longer. This needs to be discussed.
- Refrain from Laser and Chemical Peels. Depending on the strength and depth of the peel, the time frame may be longer. This needs to be discussed.
- Refrain from Microneedling, Vampire Facials, Photofacials, or any other intense skin rejuvenation treatments.
- Liver Disease
- Autoimmune Disease
- Serious Heart Disorders
- Blood Infections
- Hypertrophic Scars
- Keloid Scars
- If under 18 Years of Age
Need a Doctor's Letter:
- Medications, especially those pertaining to Mental Health and Chronic Acne
- Artificial Heart Valves, Heart Problems, Blood Problems
- Tumors, Growths, or Cysts
- Cancer in the Past 6 Months
Temporarily Cannot Perform:
- Under the Influence of Drugs and/or Alcohol (Refrain from Alcohol for at Least 24 - 48 Hours)
- Allergies, Especially to Nickel or Topical Anesthetics. (Must do a Patch Test)
- Retinol or AHA Skincare Products within the Last 2 Weeks
- Retin-A, Laser, or Chemical Peels within the Last 6 weeks
- Fillers, Collagen or Fat Injections within the Last 2 Weeks.
- Visible Skin Conditions in the Brow Area, such as Eczema, Psoriasis, or Chronic Acne
Other Conditions that may Affect the Healing Time, Color Retention, and/or the Overall Results of the Procedure:
- Sensitivity to Cosmetics
- Prolonged Bleeding
- Trichotillomania (Pulling out Hair and Picking)
- Hair Loss
- High Blood Pressure
- Low Blood Pressure (May Experience Dizziness, Weakness, and/or Confusion)
- Hemophilia and other Bleeding Disorders
- Thyroid Disturbances
- Healing Problems
- Oily Skin
What to Know AFTER Microblading
The Day of Your Microblading Appointment
- For the first few hours or until oozing has stopped, every 5 minutes, blot your brows carefully with gauze, lightly dampened, or a clean tissue to prevent lymph fluid buildup and scabbing.
The Day of Your Appointment Until Healed (30 Days)
- Wash brows gently for 10 seconds (patting motion, not rubbing) AM and PM with an antibacterial soap, such as Dial Gold. Pat dry with a clean tissue or paper towel. Apply your aftercare product (Aquaphor) with a q-tip sparingly (rice grain amount), as needed. (For the First 7 Days.)
- Be sure not to over-apply the Aquaphor. This will suffocate the area and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. NEVER apply the Aquaphor on a wet or damp tattoo.
- Normal, gentle skincare routines may be used, avoiding the brow area. (Skincare may NOT contain active ingredients, such as AHA's, retinols, etc.)
- Continue to apply aftercare (Aquaphor) as needed, very sparingly (rice grain amount) with a q-tip to help with healing and dryness.
- Do NOT allow brows to get wet, other than washing AM and PM for the first 7 days.
- Do NOT pick or rub the brows. The flakes must fall off on their own or you risk removing the color and possibly scarring
- Do NOT soak the treated area in the bath, pool, or hot tub. Refrain from swimming in salt water or a chlorinated pool.
- Do NOT use saunas or do hot yoga.
- Do NOT expose treated area to direct sunlight.
- Avoid touching your brows and be mindful of sleeping on your back until your brows have healed.
For One Week
- Do NOT exercise... sweat can lead to loss of pigment retention, infection, and possibly blurring of the pigment.
For Two Weeks
- Days 8-14, light to moderate exercise that does not result in sweating is allowed... wear a sweatband at least until healed. (30 Days)
- Do NOT use any makeup on your brows. After the initial 2 weeks, please only use POWDER brow products.
After Four Weeks
- You may resume waxing, threading, and tinting.
- You may resume your normal skincare routine that includes AHA products, Retin-A, or any other active ingredients. Always avoid the brow area when applying. These products will migrate if used on the forehead. Your Microblading may fade quicker, resulting in the need for additional touchups.
- Use a sunblock to avoid sun fading.
For ONE Year
- You may NOT give blood, per The American Red Cross.
Failure to follow aftercare procedures may cause loss of pigment, discoloration, or infection. Remember colors and hair strokes appear darker and sharper right after your Microblading treatment. As your brows heal, the color will soften and some hair strokes may disappear and reappear.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or text Laura McElroy at (605) 370-1577.
The Science Behind the Disappearing and Reappearing Hair Strokes
The body recognizes Microblading as an injury so it heals a protective skin over the strokes, which pushes up & releases the scabs, and conceals the strokes until cellular turnover occurs, revealing them over the next 3-4 weeks.